Learning Objectives of this document:
- Identify the driving factors behind the introduction of aisle containment systems in data centers and describe types of aisle containment systems commonly used in data centers.
- Explain the five categories of fire protection affected by the introduction of aisle containment systems in data centers.
- Identify the NFPA Standards that apply and know the types of aisle containment that are not approved for installation in data centers as the result of these new NFPA Standards.
- Be able to compare and contrast air, liquid, and immersion cooling for performance and efficiency.
- Understand how oil immersion cooling can reduce IT energy as well as data center infrastructure energy
- Identify changes to IT equipment and the data center to be able to take advantage of immersion cooling.